The Wyzenbeek Tester is a four station oscillatory abrasion tester used to determine abrasion resistance of fabric, vinyl, leather, stitched seams, and other materials. Each station holds a specimen taught and utilize contoured foam pads to apply pressure while an abradant (typically duck cloth or wire mesh screen), which is affixed to the oscillating drum, abrade the specimens for a prescribed number of cycles. Each station has individual specimen tension and pad pressure settings.
Wyzenbeek Classic, LLC offers machine, supply, and accessory sales; drum resurfacing; machine retrofitting; financing options; product demonstrations; rental machines; and more! Contact email@example.com to order.
- NO Protective Cover - maximum accessibility for adjustment and maximum airflow for temperature regulation
- Mechanical components are constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Programmable count-up controller with automatic stop
- Optional adjustable test speed control
- Supply voltages vary and must be specified at time of purchase
- High quality brushless electric motors
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
- Wyzenbeek Overview
- Wyzenbeek Specimen Installation
- Wyzenbeek Tension Adjustment
- Wyzenbeek Pad Pressure Adjustment
- Speed Adjustment
Accessories and Supplies:
Our laminated screen assemblies meet the requirements of ASTM D4157 and are available in four (4) packs.
The top screen (facing test specimens) is a 50 x 70 stainless steel mesh constructed of 0.19 mm (0.0075 in.) diameter, 304 stainless steel wire. There are 50 wires per inch that run perpendicular to the long axis of the specimen, and 70 wires per inch that run parallel to the long axis of the test specimen.
The inner screen, which comes in contact with the drum, is a 16 x 16 stainless steel wire mesh made with 0.28 mm (0.011 in.) diameter, 304 stainless steel wire.
The two wire Mesh Screens are stapled along the long edges to complete the assembly
Cotton Duck fabric in #10 (9 oz.) or #8 (11 oz.) grades is selected to meet the requirements of ASTM D4157, and is available in 36"x180" (5 yard) rolls.
- Mass per unit area: (500 ± 25) g/m2
- Weave type: Plain Weave
- Fabric Count: (41 ± 1) end/in x (28 ± 1) pick/in
- Yarn Size: 7/2 cotton count ± 1 in both warp and filling
- Air permeability: less than 4 cfm
- Finish: loom state, no warp size
Pressure Pads are available in 8 packs, and are designed to meet the requirements of ASTM D1056-T1A3, ASTM D4157, and SAE J948. They feature a radiused face which matches the Wyzenbeek drum.
- 2.00” +/- .04”
- Type #1
- Class-A non-Oil-Resistant
- Grade #3 9-13 PSI Compression Deflection
- Firm Density
- Durometer Type OO 55-75